To find out more call us on 01933 440077 or email us on

Weatherbys Hamilton Insurance

Weatherbys Hamilton’s insurance services provide clients with comprehensive insurance for all their personal possessions, from the exotic to the mundane. Our priority is to provide a truly personal service that makes your life as simple as possible and ensures that insurance works for you rather than the other way around.

You will have the same point of contact for all your affairs, so that you always know who to talk to when the need arises. We understand our clients’ varied lifestyles and try to make ourselves available whenever and wherever they want.

In an increasingly corporate world Weatherbys Hamilton Insurance combines personality with expertise.

Private Client Insurance

Weatherbys Hamilton Insurance regards all its clients as unique and what is important to them is important to us. We provide competitive insurance for the whole range of their possessions and use insurers who are specialists in their field in the same way that we are. An insurance policy is after all a “promise to pay” and we do everything we can to deliver on that. We adopt exactly the same attitude regardless of whether we are insuring houses and their contents, art and jewellery collections or just a motor car. More…

Equine Insurance

Weatherbys Hamilton Insurance is expert in all forms of equine insurance and as part of the Weatherbys group has unparalleled expertise in the insurance of thoroughbreds. We arrange insurance for many of the leading horses in Europe, both Flat and National Hunt and can add value over and above just the insurance policy. We sponsor more races than any other broker in our sector and the interest that our partners and staff take in our clients and their horses sets apart the service that we provide. More…

Client Focus...

With a childhood spent on a farm on Dartmoor, Warren was bitten by the racing bug from the beginning. Starting his career by sharing a room with Richard Johnson at David Nicholson’s legendary academy, Warren did his time with various trainers before nine key years as head lad and then assistant to Oliver Sherwood. Three years as a salaried trainer to Malcolm Denmark completed his education and he was ready to take the plunge on his own in 2012 with 15 horses at Uplands in Upper Lambourn, the yard made famous by Fred Winter.

More than 40 winners in each of the last three seasons, from a string of 70 horses and a strike rate of 20%+, has given Warren a brilliant start and Cole Harden’s win in the World Hurdle at Cheltenham in 2015 announced his arrival in the big league in no uncertain terms. However, Warren’s success with Bumper horses, where winners have been in double figures each year at a strike rate of 30%+, gives even more cause for optimism for the seasons ahead, as well as being a considerable testament to the buying skills of his wife Tessa who is an agent with Highflyer Bloodstock.

“ There is a lot of pressure in starting off training and the last thing you want to have to worry about is whether the yard is insured correctly or indeed the horses themselves. Every part of my operation needs to work smoothly. I have used Richard Chugg of Weatherbys Hamilton since I started and I have complete confidence in him and his firm. It makes such a difference to use someone who will come out to the yard at the drop of a hat to sort things out, as well as reminding me why I have a much more enjoyable existence as a racehorse trainer than Richard does as an insurance broker! “

Warren Greatrex  |  Trainer

Farm and Estate insurance

Farm and Estate insurance

As our reputation as a leading private client broker grows, so does our expertise in farm and estate insurance. In January this year Will Johnson joined us as a partner to found our Penrith office and brought with him the experience of working for the NFU Mutual in...

More than just a Fire Service

More than just a Fire Service

The incomparable Sir Mark Prescott  is often quoted as saying that 90% of horses spend their lives trying to kill themselves, with 95% of their grooms aiding and abetting them. The Fire Services in this country definitely fall in to the remaining 5%. Stephen...

In the news…

- Country Life

Dark and depressing is the tone this year—we assess the likely winner from a mix of famous and unkno [read more]

- Carla Passino

With Britain’s top universities performing better than ever, Carla Passino discovers the best places [read more]

- Simon Hopkinson

Layers of flavour: Parma ham, spinach and chestnut mushrooms give this lasagne dish a lift. Layers o [read more]

- Agnes Stamp

From America's prime vineyards to the best places to invest post-Brexit, Country Life Internati [read more]

Weatherbys Hamilton are just as comfortable insuring horses as we are your houses, find out more about

Weatherbys Hamilton is a partnership with Weatherbys Bank which shares the same ethos in all that it does.